Amsterdam, The Netherlands based vacancy as an Operations Event & Conference manager, responsible for all operational aspects of these projects at our international tradeshow which takes place in Barcelona, Spain. We are looking for a strong asset to join our operations team, with immediate effect.
You will be part of the Operations team which is responsible for organizing the exhibition Integrated Systems Europe or so-called ISE 2022. We live for compassion, energy, family atmosphere, humor and dedication to the show.
During this exhibition, over 1,000 companies, specialized in the AV & Electronic Industries (including Samsung, LG Electronics, Panasonic etc.) showcase their latest and most innovative and unique products and services at Fira de Barcelona, Gran Vía.
You will be working closely with staff members of the Operations Offices in Amsterdam and Barcelona and report directly to the Head of Operations of ISE, as well as being in daily contact with our international colleagues located throughout the world, this being the UK, Germany, Malta, Spain, the U.S.A and Asia.
Your role (in short)
- Coordinate full project logistics from planning to executing and evaluating for events and conferences
- Be the link between the Marketing and Conference department and the various suppliers to deliver the projects
- Organize different show related projects like press briefings, opening ceremonies or keynotes
- Assist the marketing department with developing creative concepts
- Monitor budgets and report to Head of Operations as well as review quotes and invoices
- Make logistic arrangements and planning
- Establish relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Be the point of contact for sponsors supplying equipment
Profile & Skills
- Minimum 5-year experience in the event industry
- Expertise in project management
- Strong team player who can also work and take decisions independently
- Able to connect well on an individual, person-to-person level, while are also being eager to work in intercultural/international teams
- Curious, ambitious and proactive with good communication skills
- Able to deal with pressure and able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Minimum HBO level
- Be flexible, no 9-5 mentality. Be available for taking part in team activities, travelling, business dinners etc.
- Be able to travel to Barcelona for 3 weeks May 2022 and February 2023
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in written as well as oral is a must.
Spanish, German, French and/or Dutch are a plus
- Work independently, problem solving skills
- Solution driven way of thinking; react in a flexible, assertive, creative way to the many ad hoc questions
- Work well under stress
What do we offer?
- A dynamic role within the events industry with travel opportunities
- Full-time employment of 40 hours
- Market conform salary
- A workplace in our Amsterdam based office at the Zuidas
- 23 vacation days (FT)
- Travel allowance
- Team spirit is infectious. We have an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you will be asked for your point of view.
Integrated Systems Events LLC is a joint venture company of the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association® (CEDIA®) and AVIXA®.
Integrated Systems Events LLC is an international exhibition organization who organizes the world’s largest AV show on an annual base. This year the show will take place from 10 May till 13 May 2022 and is called ISE 2022.
ISE 2020 broke all possible records with regard to exhibitors (1,317), visitors (+79,000 in 4 days) from over 150 countries, and net square meters (+ 53,000). If you want to be a part of this do not hesitate to apply, as we only want the most driven, passionate and enthusiastic new colleague!
When you are interested in one of these positions, please send us a letter with your motivation,
This letter together with your resume can be send by email to Mr. A. Hooijer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Andre Hooijer
Job Title: Head of Operations
Address: Av. Reina Maria Cristina, s/n 08004 Barcelona, Spain
Tel.: 0034 93 271 20 51