Amsterdam, The Netherlands based vacancy as an Operations Manager, responsible for all operational aspects of our international tradeshow, which takes place in Barcelona, Spain.
We are looking for a strong asset to join our operations team, with immediate effect.
Who are we looking for?
You will be responsible for operational activities of the tradeshow leading up to the show, as well as onsite. You will become the main point of contact for the different departments in the team, as well as the different suppliers, located abroad, as well as the go to persons with the operations team.
You are experienced across all disciplines of tradeshow operations in the B-to-B tradeshow industry and have a minimum of 5-year experience in operational tradeshow management, logistics, side events and onsite show features.
During this exhibition, over 1000 companies, specialized in the AV & Electronic Industries (including Samsung, LG Electronics, Panasonic etc.) come to the Fira de Barcelona, Gran Vía, to show their products and services.
You will be managing the Operations team, located in both Barcelona and Amsterdam and report directly to the Head of Operations of ISE. Besides that, you will be in contact with our international colleagues daily, located throughout Europe (U.K., Germany, Malta, Spain), the U.S.A and Asia.
Your role (in short)
- Be the main point of contact for the OPS team, suppliers, venue, key accounts
- Main contact for Fira de Barcelona for the online registration system
- Responsible for onsite registration
- Keep overall overview, control and input of tradeshow logistics
- Strategic review on Visitor Experience and execution onsite
- Manage short-term and long-term partners to facilitate show features
- Being the point of contact of different departments within the company (MKT, Sales, Accounts, IT)
- Oversee the entire floorplan, in technical details, close communication with the venue and be the first point of contact with composing the initial floorplan for the main event and side events
- Responsible for Ops related digital content on features screens, and the communicator between MKT and the content executor
- Manage new show features, conceptualize, propose and execute in both collaterals as onsite
- Be the onsite point of contact, have the onsite overview of all events, and operational processes
Profile & Skills
- An enthusiastic candidate with a hospitality minded attitude available with immediate effect
- Minimum of 5-year work experience in the tradeshow events industry
- Proven experience in leading, driving and inspiring (extended) teams across locations
- Expertise in project management
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving capabilities
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to influence multiple business partners across all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize tasks of competing priorities
- Fluent in MS Office applications, familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- A team player aiming for shared success
- Be able to travel to Barcelona for 3 weeks May 2022 and February 2023
- Excellent knowledge of the English language is a must, Spanish, Dutch, French or German are a plus
- Quality driven and hands-on mentality
- Excel whilst working under stress
- Be flexible, no 9-5 mentality
What do we offer?
- A dynamic role within the events industry with travel opportunities
- Full-time employment of 40 hours
- Market conform salary
- A workplace in our Amsterdam based office at the Zuidas
- 23 vacation days (FT)
- Travel allowance
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company. Not just another tradeshow company, we are a leading and changing innovator, challenging every AV Industry tradeshow and defining the future.
Integrated Systems Events LLC is an international exhibition organization who organizes the world’s largest AV show on an annual base.
This year the show will take place from 10 May till 13 May 2022 and is called ISE 2022.
ISE 2020 broke all possible records with regard to exhibitors (1,317), visitors (+79,000 in 4 days) from over 150 countries, and net square meters (+ 53,000). If you want to be a part of this do not hesitate to apply, as we only want the most driven, passionate and enthusiastic new colleague!
When you are interested in this position, please send us a letter with your motivation.
This letter together with your resume can be send by email to Mr. A. Hooijer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Andre Hooijer
Job Title: Head of Operations
Address: Av. Reina Maria Cristina, s/n 08004 Barcelona, Spain
Tel.: 0034 93 271 20 51